I Stand With My Pack is looking for a Foster Coordinator to join our team.
A Foster Coordinator has the pleasure of seeing a dog move from the shelter setting into a loving foster home. They work closely with ISWMP fosters, guiding them through the decompression process and helping them prepare their foster dogs for adoption. Foster Coordinators communicate with ISWMP Adoption Coordinators and Rescue Directors to help them understand and promote the dogs in the rescue and to facilitate finding, and placing dogs in, their forever homes.
- Review and respond to foster emails and applications
- Request and perform home checks
- Send and collect foster agreements
- Grow and maintain ISWMP foster roster
- Learn about incoming dogs and find appropriate foster homes
- Facilitate dog introductions and foster meet and greets
- Facilitate placing dogs in foster homes
- Check in with and support fosters
- Regularly obtain photo and video content, as well as dog bio information, from fosters
- Share info and updates on dogs to help facilitate adoptions
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven experience in handling and working with dogs of all breeds and sizes, including those with medical and behavioral challenges. Previous rescue experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and maintain accurate, updated records in a timely manner.
- Strong social and communication skills – both spoken and written. The ability to communicate with poise and professionalism when working with the public, the ISWMP team, and volunteers.
- Empathy and compassion for both humans and animals with the ability to handle difficult, sensitive, and confidential situations.
- The ability to multi-task and manage workload in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of social media platforms.
- The ability to regularly lift/move up to 25lbs.
- A reliable vehicle and willingness to drive in the Greater LA area to accommodate dog and foster needs. (Valid driver’s license and exemplary driving record required.)
Part Time: 30-36 hours per week. Must be available from 9am-3pm daily.
Remote from home with local travel.
Please email resume and any questions to email@example.com